Skip to main content

Financial Calc app gitted

 To publish or not to publish, that is the question

said me. I had this not a great app, but maybe useful app. For Indian users. Given your Fixed Deposit or Recurring Deposit, it would calculate the final amount in various configuration. 

That way, you could check whether the app used by banks is correct or not. But seriously, I had added interest rates of some banks and compare the amounts etc. But I was vary of publishing the app. Due to various reasons.

But nor did I want my hard word to rot. Silicon chips may not rot, but any ways. So I would write few lines of code, take all screen shots, check it in my device. Then sit idle for many many days. Literally idle. 

Today, I had an idea. Let me donate it. The source code. So that some MCA student can use it for his project. Or some one else may use it as a hobby app. Some thing. 

Any ways, now it is in github. Download the source code of the app and see if it helps you in any way.

So basically the app does the following calculations.

  1. For fixed deposit, given the deposit amount and period and bank, it calculates the total amount accumulated. It can also calculate monthly interest or quarterly or annual interest. 
  2. For recurring deposits, given the bank, monthly deposit amount and the period, the app calculates the total amount accumulated at the end of the period. 
  3. For loans, given the interest rate, loan amount and period, the app calculates the EMI you have to pay per month. And also, it gives the split between the interest part, loan part and loan remaining for all the years in the form of a table.
  4. There are other calculations like, eligible loan calculation, gratuity calculation, savings goal calculations and simple interest and compound interest

 









The interest rates for FD and RD are stored in the form of a lookup table   in the app. 

 


Comments